GENERAL FAQ (Not Errors) Last Updated 07/23/2023
The In Screening tab is not the tab for intake staff to access and submit their draft intakes. Please refer to this page
The PDF attached to public reports was not submitted by the reporter. This was a copy made by LEAPS of the report so that if it was changed by the intake worker you would have a reference. A framework incompatibility has caused some issues with the intake solution and PDFs created between now and this weekend will not actually exist. This will cause a 404 error (file not found). This is not a loss of the reporter submission. This is only an issue with LEAPS internal functionality.
The system is a responsive layout. You don't need to zoom in. It will respond to the size and orientation of your device. The old system layout was 800 x 600 which was optimized for devices that existed in 2010. You might want to adjust the resolution on your monitor if you are set to 800 x 600. (Talk with your IT Support). Some users are not noticing that they are zoomed in. If you see the magnifying glass in your address bar, you are not at 100%. Click to adjust the setting.
LEAPS mobile friendly screens are the same as they were before the rollout in that these are specific screens for field staff. There is not a functionality change. Using the main LEAPS system on a mobile device is different than using mobile friendly screens. Because the layout has changed, using the desktop version of LEAPS on a mobile device is something users will need to adapt to. Supervisors can accomplish screening on the mobile device by rotating the screen orientation to landscape.
Scrolling too much Your zoom is off. See #3 above to fix your browser setting.
Remember that your totals and upcoming assignments are now on your Inbox in the worker role. It may take some adjustment, but you won't need to sort and work through your investigations list to figure out what is next. It's on your calendar in your Inbox as a worker.
If you don't have a caseload, you won't have anything in mobile. This is the same as in the old system.
If you want to merge a report, the investigation you want to merge into must be assigned and accepted by the primary worker. This is the same as the old system.
Phone number formatting The control works the same way the old system did to mask the phone number. If you are copying and pasting a formatted phone number, click into the box, hold CTRL + A on your keyboard then CTRL + V.
The menu items on the left are the same as the tabs at the top of the old system with the exception of the new inboxes which show you totals for your assigned work for the week.
Staff who were not trained by JUMP may struggle more with orientation "I usually click here, I go here, etc" vs "Click on the New Reports tab. Select the pencil. Click the Accept button.." They should use the self directed learning modules. Admins should contact JUMP if they do not have the learning modules.
LEAPS was updated this morning to address the following issues:
- Date format in search results and grids
- Exception when adding a note In Screening (user has multiple windows open)
- Missing AP lookup at Intake
- System allowing users to try to merge before client lookup
- Response description limited to 75 characters
- Service plan summary not showing the accepted indicator
- Summary view of intake from All Drafts to prevent assigning to Intake Supervisor
- Merged reports not printing correct version of the intake report
- Backup worker assignments on investigations not showing in worker new referrals list
- Service type drop down causing NAMRS List confusion for states
Our next priority is to adjust the search alleged victim tool to improve and increase the efficiency of the search results. We will be preparing a new features release starting next week which will include updates for Program Admin quick numbers, California Public Guardian accounting new features, and Utah QA automation and reporting.
- System says collateral is missing relationship (this is fixed as of yesterday)
- Letters associated to perpetrators and assessment data sets
Issues we know about and will be addressed in a patch over the weekend:
- Changing from supervisor role to worker role and back (quick link)
- Date format on grids back to MM-DD-YYYY
- Trying to close out the investigation (won't close) - the panel is not showing the supervisor what is wrong
- Search results hard to get to open / scrolling - this is the part one update
- Timestamp on report received (recent intakes)
- HCBS label (currently says IHSS)
Items to be addressed next week:
1. Cross reporting document - the previous version in the older system was not accessible (the font was too small). The new document has some challenges and JUMP is still modifying the format to remove some of the extra space and ensure that all of the bookmarks are populating.
2. Reducing the number of results returned in search
3. The alleged perpetrator lookup
4. Adding navigation to inboxes that open the dashboards and quicknumbers for daily operational reports
A recent browser (Chrome, Edge) update has caused the box resizing function to be disabled when the form controls are disabled. This is affecting supervisors who are reading lengthy interview narratives and want to resize the box to read the whole narrative.. JUMP will modify the system to return the functionality which has been impacted by the browser. A release will be announced within the next 30 days. In the interim, please use the Summary tab to read all of the interview details. (the button next to the interview inputs).
Investigation Summary - It has been reported that intake assessments do not print on the investigation summary. This will be included in LEAPS 5.0 but the current work around is to print this data from the intake summary (Intake tab on the referral).
Printing Intake Summary Forms, We are currently investigating issues related to printing intake forms. We suspect the issue is that one user is trying to print while another user is making changes to the intake such as splitting a companion case. The In Screening tab allows you access to print a 341, but users should be aware if another user is currently making changes to that intake report, they may experience unexpected system behavior. Please align your procedure so that intakes are completed and submitted before printing.. Intake Supervisors should not access an intake report if the intake worker is actively working on the report.
Uploading files from mobile The system does not currently support uploading video files. We are aware of exceptions due to the file size being too large. The system may not be informing the user that video files are not allowed. Uploading static images should not cause users an issue, however.
This recent webinar explains the mission of the new framework and discusses the timeline.
Statio Portal Sharing Training with Program Staff
Latest Version Information
00:00 Capstone Lookup (Montana feature)
05:38 Resources tab at intake
06:00 Intake narrative character counter
06:38 Documents tab
06:47 Return to Intake notes
07:44 I&R email notifications to worker
08:44 Time Entry modifications
10:00 Custody/Guardianship activities since document
12:36 Clerical can edit alleged perpetrator details
13:43 Assessment setup for custody/guardianship assessments
14:27 Setup workers to receive new assignment emails
14:53 Setup “return to intake” note types
15:45 Today’s Numbers - additional reports
Other Recent Updates
0:00 Intake/General Updates
31:34 Clerical/Program Admin
32:39 System Administrator